Thursday, November 11, 2010

With losing family & gaining family as of late-my favorite Lilo & Stitch quotes come to mind:
.
"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good. "


"'Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. "

I am better than I was say a month ago...
closure for some things I will have to work out on my own.
 
Read an article that I took away some guidelines...questions to ask myself. 
~ When I think about what I'm holding onto, do I feel happy or do I yearn for the past?
~ Is what I'm holding onto helping me to move forward in my life?
~ What will be missing in my life if I let this go?
~ What can I gain if I let this go?

Simply said...difficult to apply.
Perhaps clear enough to state the obvious-it makes me sad; so of course- free it- let it all go! Ah! Easy? No, the guilt will set in.
Maybe just releasing it all into a letter I will burn upon completion to get it out into the universe or at least out of my head will work.
Actually calling the person is not an option for me. One is dead hmmm... and the other is insane, no words I would believe from her.Nor would I expect her to give me any info or verification for that matter. She has nothign to gain by giving me the truth.
Always felt the written word could be used against you so writing a letter to be used against me so NOT an option in this case.
 Refocus- Find something new that you can focus on in its place. Something that you can use as a positive replacement. My art would be an excellent diversion-too bad since Daddy died I just can't create more than a pair of earrings or two.
"The reason for closure is to be able to appreciate the positive things the future holds for you."
The Tigger must come forth and create positive memories now. 
Working on it...working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment